Monday, February 23, 2015

Excerpts from 2/16/15

The mish is good. We did have some... interesting happenings haha. The weather is really great. Really cold in the mornings though. Like, really cold. And yeah, I'm starting to get to know some people, even though I have no clue where I'm going most of the time. I just follow Elder Lee haha. And he's good. He's really understanding. We just drop our laundry off with a sister in our stake with other companionships and take turns paying her every month. The foods good. I got 8 tacos for 28 pesos on a 2 for 1 Friday the other night. Good stuff.  Tal vez mi cuerpo esta acostumbrando

To be honest, things got quite a bit harder for me this week. But my companion was very good about being understanding so I'm greatful for that.

Things are going well! We had Stake conference this week so that was cool. The stake center is on the same property as the church building. One of the 70s came to talk, and while I didn't understand most of it, everyone said it was really fantastic. I could tell it really affected one of our investigators there who is getting baptized next month, so that's good. Our mission president also talked, and his was good. For whatever reason I could understand most of what he said. They had a deaf hermano give the prayer. He did it in sign language and there was an interpreter who said what he signed. That was cool as I'd never seen a deaf person pray before.
Our apartment building is supposedly owned by a narco. I've never seen him before, but every now and then one of the people here calls him up. So that's cool.
My comp is good. He seems like he knows his stuff and is always willing to help me when I need it. He walks really fast though haha. So I always get tired trying to keep him.
Starting this next Saturday we're going for what I call a "Triple Combination". Three baptisms three weeks in a row. 

I haven't really cooked yet. Lunch is the big meal here like dinner is in the US. We have lunch citas every day so we get feed pretty well at them. The members are always super willing to fill us to the brim if we want. Sometimes we even teach a lesson without planning to eat there and the food finishes when we do so we essential eat 2 lunches. Breakfast is usually cereal or fruit or ramen or whatever. Lunch is at about 2. Sometimes we just eat snacks or by little things throughout the rest of the day. The members often will give us little things throughout the afternoon whether it be bread, fruit, cookies or whatever. So sometimes when we get back to the apartment for the night we'll have dinner with whatever food we have at the apartment, but it's usually not big or prep-intensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment