Monday, February 2, 2015

2/2/2015

We just got told by one of the APs we're having tacos de pastor night. Que chiiiiiiidoooo. The room was quiet but now everyone's talking.

We left the CCM at 10 this morning. Packing was actually pretty easy without the weight limit to worry about. I took my own sweet time with it (per usual me haha), but it was easy. Not as much strategizing to be done haha. We're here at the mission office now (which is actually in the Este mission. I made my first Spanish pun today 'Este is este' and the latino AP gave me a laugh that was *just* a tad more than a pity laugh. The Elders are bunking here tonight. Tomorrow we meet in Minnesota to find out our new companions and areas. Sister Stutznegger says about half the mission will be at the transfer meeting. She's really friendly, us American Elders talked with her during lunch, which was sandwiches.

Elder Gibson had 2 bottles of Martinellis left from a package from a while ago. We broke them open at breakfast and poured some to the Latinos going to Sureste who were sitting at another table. At first they were kind of hesitant, then we explained that it was Martinellis and was bueno. No sirvesa..

I'm super excited to get out and do work. In a lot of ways, the part of the city I've been through so far remind me of LA just with a slighlty different... "flavor" I guess. We're just about to start doing more things right now, so I have to go. 

Pdays will be Mondays.

Adios!


*** For those not familiar with the LDS missionary lingo, this might help:
AP= Assistants to the President
Minnesota=Part of the area where will Jonathan will serve is called Nezahualcoyotl-Neza for short. Ota is an augmentative when added on to the end of a word. Mi in Spanish means my. So Mi-nez-ota=Minnesota to an English speaker.
P-day= preparation day=day off to do laundry, clean house, shop, write to your Mom, sightsee.
Sister Stutznegger=The wife of the President Stutznegger, the President of the Mexico City Southeast mission. They are in charge of the well-being and management of about 200 missionaries. 
(added by Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment